Monday 13 August 2012

The return of the daemon




So, nearly a year after my last post I have once again decided to enlighten the world with my wisdom. I'm on annual leave from my night job at the moment, so I'm more idle than usual and let me tell you that being bone idle can be very exhausting. I decided to occupy myself with something. Since housework really isn't my forte, I opted for some writing. Thankfully I still go into the office once in a while, or I would probably go mad with a brain muddled and soaked of too much coke.

Daytime TV is otherwise an excellent way of passing a day. We do get some rather exciting series on Swedish TV during the weeks. The majority of them American or British, but there are one or two Swedish shows I follow too.

Now, let's take a look at what my day looks like:

I start my morning around 8 am with a nice cup of tea in front of the Jeremy Kyle show. Still in bed I can revel in the misery of the poor victims of abuse/drug abuse/cheating or what ever else is the topic of the day. I never cease to be amazed by the sheer madness of it all. It's a slightly less garish version of Jerry Springer. This one at least pretends to put an analytical spin on the whole thing.

Between 9 and 11 am I breakfast and attempt to look busy. This I usually do quite successfully. Admittedly I sometimes also do a spot of tidying and hoovering, as we recently bought a new hoover which appeals to my love of all things mechanical. I am, however, still looking for the ultimate cleaning tool – the one which keeps your house spotless whilst not even being taken out of the cleaning cupboard. Heroic Husband believes they are called servants, but apparently they are quite high maintenance. I'm looking for a self supporting one.

At 11 am is Army Wife time. Always good for a cry.

12 am calls for The DogWhisperer. He's rather dishy, that Caesar Milan. Anyone know where you can get one?

1 pm there is a Swedish show called Det okända (The unknown), or as it is called in our family – the spooky show. It's a show where mediums go around to people's houses to clear them off spooks and other nasties. Not really my favourite, but it passes the time to...

2 pm, when The GoodWife starts. Now that is a good one. A series without even as much as one likeable character, yet very addictive. It's about Alicia, mother of two, wife of the ex state attorney Peter who's been caught up in a prostitution scandal causing Alicia to go back to work as a defence lawyer. Peter is nasty, Alicia is cold as a fish, Alicia's colleagues are scheming bastards and the children meek and hapless. I love it!

3 pm the cleaning ladies in How Clean is Your House? takes over. Isn't it amazing how good it feels to watch someone else's mess. My house is messy, not two ways about it, but in comparison with these people's places it's a gleaming palace!

Wife Swap UK starts at 4 pm and once again I get to feel like a perfectly normal human being. What compels people to take part in these shows? Do they honestly believe they are so perfect that they will be able to deliver another family from their sorrows just by imposing their own ways on them?

By 5 pm I get to feel a bit cultural and intellectual in front of Antiques Roadshow...
Thus is my day spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment